Operational data of the group “Information Resistance”
During the last weekend (16-17.12. 2017), the activation of Russian occupation forces was noted at a number of sectors of the frontline:
– Svetlodarskaya arc: in the course of firing at the positions of the APU in the vicinity of heights of 223.2 and 307.9, the use of 122 mm artillery by the occupiers was recorded. From the positions north of Vergulevka (near the railway station 1043 km), an enemy battery of 122 mm cannon-howitzers of the D-30/30A type (4-5 units) issued 30 HE shells on the positions of the APU in the area from the south east of Troitsky to the area south of Lugansk. Attention is drawn to the rapid transfer of fire (without changing positions) for several separated targets and the presence of fairly detailed proofs in the course of the shelling. It means that the enemy prepared in advance for the use of artillery in this sector, carried out supplementary reconnaissance of targets, chose and prepared a certain artillery unit and positions for it, worked out questions of control of artillery fire;
– The increase in the activity of the Stakhanov group of invaders is noted. The enemy massively uses 82 mm and 120 mm mortars, combat armored vehicles. A double shelling by 152 mm artillery (152 mm cannons Msta-B type) on the tactical rear of the AFU north of Kamyshevakha, followed by massive shelling in the areas of Troitsky, Novozvanovka, Popasnaya, on the site Katerinovka-Zolotoe, “Bakhmut route” (right up to the Sokolniki-Trekhizbenka site) is a result of the increase in intensity and volume of this activity resulted last week. At the present time, practically regular shelling with the use of mortars and heavy grenade launchers is recorded in these areas, and the invaders also use armored groups (usually 2-3 BMP-1/2);
– in the area of Donetsk (Peski-Avdeevka section), the enemy uses saboteurs, snipers, conducts mine-sabotage actions, “reinforced” with regular short but powerful and intense firing from mortars and armored vehicles (mainly BMPs, BTRs and sometimes 2-3 tanks);
– Gorlovka region: the occupiers began to actively strengthen their “3rd separate mechanized brigade” (primarily its artillery and mortar units), as well as the “consolidated” subunits adjoining its area of responsibility from the south. The provocations of the AFU, “to cut off the ledges”, clearly show the Russian command’s fears about the fate of the so-called “Gorlovka garrison”. As a reaction from the invaders – regular shelling around the perimeter, including 120-mm mortars and 122-mm barrel artillery.
In the general context of combat operations, attention is drawn to the activation of the occupants in the area of Dokuchaevsk (up to the attempts to “push off” the advanced positions of the AFU north-west and south-west from Dokuchaevsk by massive use of mortars), the apparently increasing tension in the south-west of Styla (Petrovsk district) and “traditional” attempts by the enemy to inflict maximum fire damage on the advanced units of the AFU in Mariupol direction on both sides of the Mariupol-Boikovskoe highway (formerly Telmanovo). At the headquarters of the 8th Army of the Russian Armed Forces, to which “1st Army Corps DNR” has recently been promptly subordinated, they clearly think more soberly than at the headquarters of the “1st Army Corps DNR” itself, and clearly suggest that cutting Novoazovsk “gap” from the main territory of the “DNR” can become the main task of the ATO forces for this winter.
Simultaneously with the expectation of AFU attacks on the Novoazovsk area, the occupation troops continue to actively strengthen throughout the northeastern facet of the Gorlovka garrison. The engineering work is noted in Gorlovka itself, on both sides of Golmovsky. The Russian command clearly fears that the AFU with a double attack from Travnevoe and Novolugansk will cut their positions at the railway station Dolomit. Taking into account the fact that the disguised artillery of the occupants was marked (with a total of up to 4 batteries, including at least 6 units of the 122 mm MLRS BM-21 Grad) in the Bayrak-Gurta area, the occupiers take this opportunity quite seriously;
Redeployment of forces and means of invaders:
– In the Gorlovka settlement, the activation of the militants “3rd separate mechanized brigade of 1st Army Corps” is recorded. The movement of military equipment is taking place in the direction of settlements Golmovsky, Travnevoe, Gladosovo. The leadership of the brigade instructed to strengthen the positions of its units and strengthen the defense line. Additional concrete structures and sandbags are installed near the administrative building of the railway station “Nikitovka”;
– The invaders moved the combined howitzer-self-propelled artillery battalion (11 units of 122 mm self-propelled guns of type 2С1 “Carnation” and 6 units of 152 mm self-propelled guns of type 2С3 “Acacia”) at the training ground in the area of Shimshinovka (Lutugin district of the Lugansk region) to work out combat coordination and questions of controlling artillery fire;
– On the road N-21 through Shakhtersk and Khartsyzk, the occupants continue to transfer personnel and weapons from the Torez training range to the permanent base. Several columns of trucks and armored vehicles were noted. The 7 trucks Kamaz, 2 trucks Ural, 3 armored personnel carriers were moving towards Donetsk and two trucks Kamaz were transported the property of occupiers in the area of Zugres. 4 BMP-2 were transported by trailers in the area of Zelenoe with military traffic police escort;
– North of Slavyanoserbsk, the transfer of armored vehicles (4 BMP-1 and 2 MT-LB in the north direction, to the ferry to the south of Trekhizbenka) was noted behind Krasny Liman. Given the activity of the enemy in the Sokolniki area, Prishib and north of Slavyanoserbsk, in the context of the recent strengthening of militant units in the region of the Smelyoe, it is believed that the enemy can attempt to attack the area near the height of 175.9;
– The militants from “1st Army Corps DNR” carry out measures for engineering equipment (expansion and strengthening) of the bridge over the River Mius in the vicinity of the settlement Dmitrovka of the Shakhtersk district (located near the border with the Russian Federation and the border checkpoint “Marinovka”). The work is carried out to expand the possibilities for the transfer of armored vehicles from the territory of the Russian Federation (including heavy armored vehicles).
The “Head of LNR” Pasechnik agreed with the Russian curators to carry out personnel “cleansing” in the “MIA LNR”. In particular, a number of personnel changes have already taken place at the moment. He was appointed to the position of “Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs” Govtvin, to the post of “Minister of the Ministry of Internal Affairs – chief of the police of public security” Paraskeev and “First Deputy of Minister of Internal Affairs” – Vedmedenko.
According the orders of “advisors” of the RF Armed Forces, command of the “6th separate mechanized regiment”, “100th separate mechanized brigade” and “5th separate mechanized brigade” is planned to carry out a number of measures to “raise the level of the moral and psychological state of personnel”. The program includes holding thematic “hours” (among other things, the proposed topics – “Fascist essence of the Kiev regime”, “Orthodoxy – the basis of the spiritual world of Donbass”, “Defend the young republic”, “Donbass – a barrier to Nazism and nationalism” etc.), besides, distribution of New Year’s gifts to militants and “rewarding distinguished servicemen” is provided.
The leaders of the “LNR” planned to reduce about a third of beds (4 thousand) in medical institutions in Lugansk at the beginning of 2018, due to a decrease of 60 million rubles annual financing of the medical industry “LNR” from the Russian Federation.
“The Ministry of Information of DNR” reported that there are 360 journalists from 30 countries in its accreditation base today. Also, 409 journalists from 36 editions of the “DNR” are registered in the “ministry”.