Operational data of the “Information Resistance” group
In the period from 20 to 30 of August, the occupation forces of the Russian troops in the Donbas continued to carry out fire attacks on the positions of the Ukrainian troops and settlements in the territory controlled by Ukraine. Their intensity remained at the same high level. In total, during this period, units of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the Russian occupation forces carried out about 60 fire raids (92 last week), using large-caliber machine guns, light and heavy grenade launchers, as well as automatic small arms. In addition, in some cases, the use by the occupation forces of weapons was recorded that were subject to restrictions in accordance with the provisions of the Minsk Agreements. In particular, this applies to 82-mm and 120-mm mortars.
Also, there were attempts by reconnaissance and sabotage groups e of the enemy, reinforced by sniper groups, to actively act in the so-called “gray” (neutral) zone, using the features of the terrain and surrounding vegetation. Basically, this happened in the form of sudden fire raids on the front positions of units from the Joint Forces (JF) from hidden firing positions with the subsequent withdrawal, sniper shelling of the forward JF strongholds, as well as conducting reconnaissance of their battle formations and covert mining the territory adjacent to it. Such enemy actions were recorded in the Volnovakha, Bakhmut and Mariupol directions.
Enemy’s fire attacks were carried out on the positions of Ukrainian troops in the area of next settlements: Luganskoe, Lebedinskoe, Zolotoe-4, Novoluganskoe, Zaitsevo, Mayskoye, Yuzhnoye, Nikolaevka, Krasnogorovka, Novotroitskoye, Novomikhaylovka, Shumy, Bogdanovka, Starognatovka, Maryinka, Avdeevka, Talakovka , Pavlopol and Vodyanoe.
During the reporting period, the command of the occupation group continued to actively conduct aerial reconnaissance using UAVs in order to detect changes in the battle formations of the Joint Forces. In total, from 20 to 30 of August, 25 UAV reconnaissance flights were recorded, including 17 flights of UAVs of the Orlan-10 and Granat types. A part of the fixed UAV flights of the occupation group was accompanied by crossing the contact line (a clear and demonstrative violation of the provisions of the Minsk Agreements) and the entering to the operational and tactical depth of the combat formations of the Joint Forces. In addition, during the period from 20 to 26 of August, the enemy in some cases used its UAVs to attack the JF positions from the air by the method of bombardment of fragmentation munitions of the VOG-25 type.
During the conduct of aerial reconnaissance, the enemy command concentrated on the quality control of camouflaging the advanced positions of their units, clarifying the operational situation, as well as revealing the latest changes in the combat formations of the Joint Forces in the Popasnya, Bakhmut and Mariupol directions.
The following activities were organized and carried out during the reporting period in the field of combat and operational training of the occupation group:
– According to the operational and combat training plan, units and subunits of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the Russian Armed Forces conducted preparations for holding demonstration battalion exercises with live firing, which took place on August 26-27 at the Yuzhny and Tsentralny-1 training grounds; As part of the preparatory measures, the transfer of separate units from the occupation group and the direct equipment at the indicated training and logistics facilities were carried out;
– During the reporting period, the command of both occupation Corps continued to conduct training activities in the framework of the so-called “single day of fire” with personnel of motorized rifle, tank, artillery / mortar units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces. In particular, practical training in firing and defeat of conditional targets were held with the personnel of these units;
– Since August 25 this year, the “young fighter course” began with the “young replenishment” of units and subunits 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the Russian Armed Forces at the Vostochny training ground. As part of its implementation, primary military training is being carried out with persons who have expressed a desire to perform “military service” in units and divisions of the occupation group;
– Since August 26 this year, demonstration events were held for combat training with units and subunits 1st and 2nd Army Corps RF Armed Forces at the Tsentralny training ground. During the week, the personnel carried out the equipment of training points at the training ground;
– According to the unified combat training plan for the troops of the Southern military District of the RF Armed Forces, combat training activities continued with units 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces at the Centralny-1 training ground. In particular, issues of overcoming (forcing) water barriers were worked out;
– In addition, the command of the occupation group conducted practical training at the Vostochny, Peredovoy and Udarny training ranges with artillery / mortar, air defense units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces to reach advanced firing positions , the identification and maintenance of conventional air targets, fire control and preparation for delivering fire attacks on the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For prompt response to possible changes in the situation during the celebration of Independence Day of Ukraine, duty units 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces, as well as units of the so-called the “power structures” of the L / DPR, were transferred to an enhanced duty regime from August 23 this year. The personnel were in barracks, patrolling of certain sections of the territory was also organized directly in the area of the contact line and adjacent to it.
Units 1st and 2nd Army Corps RF Armed Forces continue to “passportize” military personnel from Ukrainian citizens residing in the occupied territory or who has expressed desire to “become a citizen of the Russian Federation” (issuing so-called “Russian passports”). This process is under constant and detailed control of the command of the occupation group and the occupation administration. So, the unit commanders are charged with the regular report to the higher management of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces on the progress and dynamics of the collection of documents in the ranks of the military personnel, which necessary for obtaining a passport and timely payment of the amount of funds necessary for the preparation of a passport form. The “servicemen” themselves during this process not only express obvious dissatisfaction with this fact, but in some cases sabotage all activities for their “passportization”.
Also, the command of the occupation group continued to exert certain efforts to further improve in engineering and fortification terms its advanced positions along the entire line of contact. At the same time, the enemy paid special attention to engineering equipment, camouflaging advanced positions and equipping shelters for personnel.
In the period from August 20 to 26 this year, confirmed losses of the Russian occupation forces in the Donbas amounted to 6 people:
1st Army Corps – 1st separate mechanized brigade (Kalmius) – 2 servicemen, 11th separate mechanized regiment (Donetsk) – 1 serviceman;
2nd Army Corps – 2nd separate mechanized brigade (Lugansk) – 3 servicemen.
To ensure terrorist activity of units and subunits 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces, about 1100 tons of fuel and lubricants were delivered from the territory of Russia (railway station Rovenki) during the period from 20 to 30 of August.
Other military activity
Advanced units conduct sighting of 82-mm mortars in the evenings in the “zone of responsibility” of the 3rd separate mechanized brigade, Gorlovka district. A change in the firing positions of separate fire weapons and attempts to equip false positions are also noted.
On a number of sites south of Donetsk, the command of the 1st Army Corps rotates advanced units. There is an increase in transport traffic, sighting of landmarks and cases of the opening of sporadic aimless fire from small arms.
Over the next 2 months, the command of the 1st Army Corps plans to begin equipping a number of brigades with new means of communication from the warehouses of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces. First of all, it is planned to equip the command and control bodies of brigades and a number of units of the battalion level.
From the side of Zaichenko village towards Pikuza (Kominternovo) and vice versa, there was an active movement of vehicles during 2 days, mainly with material and technical property and supplies.
Southeast of the Golmovskoe, the occupants are actively engaged in equipping separate firing positions and stronghold points in the second line. The appearance of camouflaged firing positions for mortars, the installation of shelters and platforms for equipment is noted.