Operational data of the Information Resistance group
In the period from October 1 to 9 of this year, armed formations from the occupation group of the Russian Armed Forces in the Donbas continued to carry out fire attacks on the positions of Ukrainian troops and settlements in the territory controlled by Ukraine, while their intensity and power increased. In total, during this period, units of the 1st and 2nd operational groupings of the Russian occupation forces carried out 184 fire attacks (175 last week).
During the fire raids, the enemy used automatic small arms, heavy machine guns, mounted and handle grenade launchers, armament of armored combat vehicles (mainly BMP-1/2) ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft systems and ATGMs. In addition, there have been sporadic cases of use of weapons systems by occupation forces during shelling and armed provocations that are subject to restrictions of the provisions of the Minsk Agreements, such as 122-mm artillery systems, 120/82-mm mortars, 122-mm portable rocket launchers “Grad-P”, 100-mm anti-tank guns MT-12 Rapira.
In order to increase the effectiveness of the fire impact on JF units, the command of the occupation group actively strengthened its advanced units with sniper groups, mortar units (up to platoon, battery size) and ATGM calculations. Such an increase was noted in the Bakhmut and Toretsk directions.
Fire attacks were carried out by the enemy on the positions of Ukrainian troops in the area of nextsettlements: Zaitsevo, Katerinovka, Luganskoe, Travnevoe, Novoluganskoe, Popasnaya, Krymskoye, Zolotoye, Pivdennoye, Orekhovoye, Novgorodskoye, Troitskoye, Novotroitskoye, Avdeevka, Verkhnetoretskoye, Mironovskoye, Novogrigovka, Mariinka, Krasnogorlovka, Bogdanovka, Novognatovka, Berezovoe, Pavlopol, Nikolaevka, Pischevik and Vodianoe.
The enemy continued active air reconnaissance, using UAVs to detect changes in the combat formations of the Joint Forces. In total, from October 1 to October 9 this, 21 reconnaissance UAV flights of the enemy were recorded, including 13 flights of Orlan-10 UAVs connected with crossing the contact line by air and entering into the operational and tactical depth of the JF combat formations, which is a direct and undisguised violation of the provisions of the Minsk agreements.
At the same time, the enemy command focused special attention on clarifying the operational situation, changes in combat formations and the location of the reserves and means of the Joint Forces in the Kurakhovo, Volnovakha and Mariupol directions. In addition, the enemy continued to use “strike UAVs” (civilian quadcopters adapted and modified to carry out this task) for bombardment by fragmentation munitions of the VOG-25 and VOG-17 types of advanced JF positions.
In the field of combat and operational training, the command of the occupation group organized and carried out the following events during the week:
– October 2 and 4 this year, the command of the 1st Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces conducted a command and staff exercise at the Primorsky training ground, during which separate units were put on alert “FULL”, and the deployment of a reserve command post of the Corps and field control posts of a number of subordinate units was also practically completed;
– October 3 this year, , the command of the occupation group, together with representatives of the occupation administration, organized and conducted training on territorial defense with the real involvement of units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces in the temporarily occupied territory of Donetsk and Lugansk regions;
– October 3 this year, according to the unified plan of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces, radio training was conducted in units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps in the networks of the communication and alert system. The radio training was attended by communication centers of command and control posts of subordinated units;
– October 3 this year, the command of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces organized and carried out the refinement of staff lists of the subordinated units for preparation for the verification check for the 2019 training year;
– October 4 this year, according to the unified plan of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces, the third stage of the competition for the title “best crew of an armored combat vehicle” has ended in units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps.
– In addition, during the reporting period, the command of the occupation group conducted daily exercises with artillery / mortar calculations, as well as the calculation of air defense assets allocated to the 1st and 2nd Army Corps at the Tsentralny and Glavny training grounds in deploying to reach advanced firing positions, identifying and tracking conventional air targets, managing fire and preparing for delivering massive fire strikes to the combat formations of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
– October 6 this year, the command of the 2nd Army Corps organized and held the so-called “military parade” on the territory of the former Lugansk airport during which a demonstration of military equipment was made. In this event, the command of the 2nd occupation group of the RF Armed Forces involved more than 100 units of military equipment, including 20 tanks, about 50 combat armored vehicles and 30 artillery systems. The presence on the territory of the former Lugansk airfield of tanks and artillery systems with a caliber of more than 100 mm is a direct violation of the provisions of the Minsk Agreements.
In the period from October 1 to 7 this year, confirmed losses of the Russian occupation forces in the Donbas amounted to 7 people:
1st Army Corps – 9th separate mechanized regiment (Novoazovsk) – 5 servicemen;
2nd Army Corps – separate artillery brigade (Hrustalniy) – 1 serviceman, 7th separate mechanized brigade (Bryanka) -1 serviceman.
To ensure the terrorist activities of units and subunits of the Russian occupation forces, about 1000 tons of fuel and lubricants (railway station Rovenki) and up to 120 tons of other items of material and technical supply were delivered from the territory of Russia during the period from October 1 to 9.
Other military activity of the occupation group:
– The military counterintelligence of the Ministry of State Security of the DPR investigates an “incident” (near the Gornyak village) related to a fire and explosions in the ammo depots of the Donetsk operational command (1st Army Corps). As part of the investigation, security operatives have organized and conducted a “survey” of personnel with the purpose of identifying “military personnel” prone to “high treason”.
– The movement of infantry units of the occupiers (up to the platoon size) has been recorded in twilight for several days on the northern outskirts of Spartak village and along the Yasinovataya highway.
– The transfer of small groups of armored vehicles (3-4 units) continues through Shakhtyorsk in the direction of Donetsk and Enakievo. Mostly, it is BMP and MT-LB after repair and restoration.
– Active movement of army vehicles is fixed between Styla and Dokuchaevsk for several days. In some cases, transportation of 120 mm mortars and ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft systems is noted.