Operational data of the Information Resistance group
In the period from September 10 to September 17 this year, the Russian occupation group in the Donbas has significantly increased the intensity of fire attacks on the positions of Ukrainian troops and settlements in Ukraine-controlled territory. In total, during this period, units of both operational groups of the Russian occupation forces carried out 125 fire raids (last week 92).
During fire attacks, the occupying groups used automatic small arms, light and heavy grenade launchers, heavy machine guns, ATGMs, standard armament for armored combat vehicles (mainly BMP-2), anti-aircraft systems of the ZU-23-2 type, as well as weapons falling under restrictions on the provisions of the Minsk agreements – 120/82-mm mortars, 122-mm Grad-P portable launchers.
In order to increase the level of intensity of fire impact on the advanced positions of units of the Joint Forces (JF), the enemy units were reinforced by sniper groups, mortar units and anti-tank systems. They actively acted in the Volnovakha, Toretsk and Bakhmut directions, trying to inflict guaranteed fire defeat to the advanced JF units.
Enemy’s fire attacks were carried out on the positions of Ukrainian troops in the area of next settlements: Lebedinskoe, Zaitsevo, Lugansk, Travnevoe, Novoluganskoe, Mayskoye, Khutor Volny, Pivdennoye, Novgorodskoye, Novotoshkovskoye, Mayorsk, Novotroitskoye, Opytnoe, Novognatovka, Verhnetoretskoye, Avdeevka, Marinka, Katinkerovka, Krymskoe, Novozvanovka, Popasnaya, Talakovka, Gnutovo, Bogdanovka, Pischevik, Vodyanoye and Shirokino.
During the reporting period, the enemy command continued to actively conduct aerial reconnaissance using UAVs, mainly to detect changes in the combat formations of the Joint Forces.
In total, during the period from September 10 to September 17 of this year, 21 reconnaissance UAV reconnaissance flights of the enemy were recorded visually, as well as by means of JF radar monitoring, including 16 flights of Orlan-10 and Granat UAVs, which carried out the air reconnaissance at the operational and tactical depth of defense of the Joint Forces.
In addition, the enemy continued the practice of using civilian UAVs of the quadrocopter type, adapted for dropping fragmentation munitions of the VOG-17 type, for bombing the positions of the Joint Forces in the Mariupol direction. As a result of the fire exposure of the advanced JF units, one of these devices was destroyed.
During the conduct of aerial reconnaissance using UAVs, the command of the occupation group focused on quality control of camouflage positions of their own units, clarification of the operational situation, as well as clarification of the position of JF forces and means in the Volnovakha, Kurakhovo and Mariupol directions.
In the field of combat and operational training, the command of the occupation group organized and carried out the following events during the specified period:
– September 9-11 of this year, the command of the occupation group organized and conducted a bilateral tactical battalion exercise at the Tsentralny-1, Slavny and Peredovoy training grounds, as part of improving the quality of operational management of subordinate units. The main element of it was the deployment of field and mobile command posts, the equipment of workplaces for high command, control and planning teams. In addition, during the exercise, considerable attention was paid to the level of fire training of the participating units, which conducted live firing, using all standard weapons, at the Tsentralny-1 training ground.
– September 10 of this year, the command of the occupation group organized and conducted training with fire correctors of artillery units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces at the Udarny training ground, as part of increasing the combat readiness of artillery and mortar units;
– September 10 of this year, according to the unified plan of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces, radio training was conducted with units of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of RF Armed Forces in the networks of the communication system. Communication centers of command and control points of 1st and 2nd Army Corps took part in the radio training;
– September 11-12 of this year, the occupation command conducted a “sudden” training in combat readiness with artillery and air defense units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps, as part of the “Single Day of Fire” and “Single Day of an Air Defense Specialist”;
– September 12 of this year, according to the unified plan of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the training was conducted with snipers from a number of units of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps at the Udarny training ground. During the training, practical classes in fire training were held with this category of “military personnel”, as well as their qualification assessment.
– During the reporting week, the command of the occupation group continued to carry out active work to improve the material and technical base at the Udaloy training ground;
– During the week, the exercises were held daily with artillery and mortar calculations, as well as calculations of air defense systems of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps at the training grounds Centralny and Udarny with aims to reach advanced firing positions, to advance and occupy cover areas, to identify and accompany conventional air targets, to control fire and to prepare for delivering massive fire strikes to the combat formations of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.
– According to the unified plan of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces, the start of the next stage of the competition among the best crews of armored combat vehicles is planned in units of 1st and 2nd Army Corps from September 29 this year. In accordance with these plans, preparatory work is being carried out in the governing bodies of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps – the competition program is being refined, the material and technical base of training centers where they will be held is improved.
– During the week, the command of the occupation group continued to prepare for the beginning of the active phase of the transfer of military equipment and weapons to the autumn-winter period of operation. In particular, the results of the defect detection of the state of arms and military equipment are ending, and a number of installation orders and instructions for carrying out the corresponding work are being prepared in the governing bodies.
In the period from September 10 to September 16 of this year, confirmed losses of the Russian occupation forces in the Donbas amounted to 7 people:
1st Army Corps – 1st separate mechanized brigade (Kalmius) – 1 serviceman, 3rd separate mechanized brigade (Gorlovka) – 3 servicemen, 9th separate mechanized regiment (Novoazovsk) – 1 serviceman;
2nd Army Corps – 4th separate mechanized brigade (Alchevsk) – 2 servicemen.
To ensure the terrorist activities of units from 1st and 2nd Army Corps, about 1300 tons of fuel and lubricants (railway station Rovenki), as well as up to 100 tons of other material and technical equipment, were delivered from Russian territory from September 10 to 16 of this year.
Other military activity of the occupation group:
– The 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces prepares for the anniversary of the formation of the so-called “Operational and Tactical Command” (OTC) “Lugansk” (also known as the 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces), which is scheduled for October 7-8. Presumably, a military parade will be held. In accordance with this, the drill training continues, as well as repair and maintenance of a number of military-technical units to participate in the “festivities”.
– In the area of Mineralny, up to 3-4 units of 120 mm “nomadic” mortars and an armored group of the enemy (at least from 2 BMP-2s) were fixed, which periodically open fire at the JF advanced positions in the Avdeevka area and southwest of it.
– To the south of Lugansk (the area of Peremozhnoe), a group of artillery assets of the 2nd Army Corps is fixed, located with a clear violation of the provisions of the Minsk Agreements (up to 4 units of 122 mm self-propelled guns of the 2C1 Gvozdika type, to 4 units of 152 mm self-propelled guns of type 2S3 “Acacia”, 6 units of 122 mm howitzer guns of type D-30/30A, up to 4 units of 152 mm howitzers of type 2A65 “Msta-B” and up to 6 units of 100 mm anti-tank guns type MT-12 “Rapier”). In the same area, the presence of 3 units of the 122 mm MLRS BM-21 Grad type was also noted.
– South of the village of Beloye, up to 4 T-64 tanks were recorded on the march + 2 T-72 tanks. It were accompanied by 2 trucks of the Ural type.
– The headquarters and governing bodies of the 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the RF Armed Forces actively prepare for verification by the comprehensive commission of the Southern Military District of the RF Armed Forces, which begins its work on September 20-21. According to our insiders, the main issues of verification will be the logistics issues, as well as the real state of the armament of both Corps. In these Army Corps, on-site reconciliations by services are being completed, as well as accounting and write-off of material and technical means. According to insiders’ assessments – even in the “official” sense, a lot of things do not correspond to the “official” documentation.