Operational data of the group “Information Resistance”
In the last week period (from March 15 to 21 of this year) in the zone of combat activities in the Donbass, there is a decrease in the intensity of fire strikes at positions of Ukrainian troops and settlements on the territory controlled by Ukraine. Units and formations of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the operational group of the Russian occupying forces were at an increased level of readiness for the period of preparation and conduct of the presidential elections in the Russian Federation (on March 18 this year), an intensified counter-intelligence regime was introduced throughout the occupied territory by the Russian occupation command.
The enemy continues to actively conduct aerial reconnaissance of the military formations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. During the week-long period, 7 reconnaissance flights of the UAV of the RF Armed Forces were recorded, including 2 flights of UAV Orlan-10, which were carried out with a flight to the operational and tactical depth of the defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The following intensive activities were carried out in units and subunits of 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the operational grouping of the Russian occupation forces at the military ranges “Centralniy”, “Udarniy”, “Slavniy” and “Primorskiy”:
– Combat training and organization of interaction of units with the use of UAV;
– Working out the issues of conducting urban military operations;
– Training of drivers and operators-gunners of combat vehicles.
In addition, civil defense exercises were conducted on March 15 this year in the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Lugansk regions. The system of alerting the population, the condition of the bomb shelters, as well as the organization of interaction between military units and commissariats with practical development of questions of alerting the postscript personnel and the deployment of personnel reception points were checked.
To support the activities of units 1st and 2nd Army Corps of the operational grouping of the Russian occupation forces, about 1,300 tons of fuel (railway station Rovenky) was delivered from the territory of Russia for a week period.
Also, the enemy continues to improve its positions (both in the first line and in the second) in terms of engineering. In addition, there have been a number of regroupings and reinforcements of occupation forces in some sectors of the front line. In particular:
– The invaders closed the area from Dokuchaevsk to the north to Donetsk, CPs were organized, and the movement of civilian vehicles was restricted. According to the IR group, armored vehicles are being transferred through Molodezhnoe to Yelenovka at the same time. Up to 10 units (mostly infantry fighting vehicles) were fixed;
– In the area of Yasinovataya to the northeast of Vasilievka and Betmanovo, the enemy’s mining of certain areas is recorded. And in some cases we are talking about the areas behind the advanced positions of the militants, practically in their rear. Mining is secretive, both anti-personnel and anti-tank mines are used. It is not excluded that this is a provocative preparation, or these actions are attempts to prevent the unauthorized retreat of the advanced units of the occupying forces;
– The enemy continues to strengthen the northern side of the Debaltsevo defense hub in the Svetlodarsk arc area. There are new units of armored vehicles (4 BMP-1/2 and 1 MT-LB) in the area of Novogrigoryevka. Also, the delivery of the ammo by several trucks Kamaz from the direction of Uglegorsk towards the settlement of Kalinovka was noted (mortar mines and ammunition for grenade launchers);
– The occupiers strengthened their unit, which defends along the border height 206.9 – Belaya Kamenka by several units of armored vehicles (in the area of Belaya Kamenka there was a pair of entrenched BMP-1 and 1 MT-LB), and 3 units of BMP-1 were observed in the area southeast of Petrovskoe, disguised in landing;
– The 4th separate tank battalion of the 2nd Army Corps (the former tank battalion “August”) is sent to the training ground for training purposes. According to plans, among other issues, the question of the use of tanks in conjunction with artillery will be worked out.
There is a partial check of the standard combat equipment in separate units of the 2nd Army Corps (in the 2nd and 4th separate mechanized brigades). Rumors are circulating among the militants of these brigades that this event is held before the arriving of a new large batch of armored vehicles (primarily BMP-1/2) and specialized motor vehicles from Russia.
A group of Russian “advisers” at the headquarters of the 1st Army Corps demanded that the command structures of the Corps have “more carefully study the interaction” between the units of different combat arms during the exercises currently conducted at the “DNR” training grounds. As a result of inspections of these exercises, the “advisers” noted a formal approach to the organization and conduct of appropriate training by the command of a number of brigades and regiments.
The units of the 3rd, 5th and 7th separate mechanized brigades, as well as the 11th separate mechanized regiment of the 1st Army Corps are continuing to be completed by “trained contingent”. The Corps command marks the so-called “stabilization” of the situation with replenishment and a comparative increase in the number of mercenaries from the Russian Federation wishing to undergo “contract military service” in these formations.
In Gorlovka, there are rumors about the “American special forces” that allegedly operate in the Zaitsevo-Zhovanka area and in the Golmovskoe district. According to rumors circulated by militants, the US military commands the actions of the special operations teams of the Ukrainian Special Operations Forces in these sectors. Most of the militants from the 3rdseparate mechanized brigade, operating on these sites, are really sure that the American “snipers and saboteurs” are working with Ukrainian ones. In turn, in units of “1st Army Corps DNR” south of Donetsk, the command was informed that the “special forces of Norway” arrived in these areas (allegedly with the purpose of training sniffer rangers). Characteristically, after the statement by one of the medium-level militia commanders with the personnel as a joke that “soon the Australian and Mongolian special forces will arrive to the Ukrainians, and there will be a full set”, this commander received a disciplinary penalty for “discrediting official information.”
There is an increased interest shown by the “MGB DNR” and the intelligence agencies of the 1st Army Corps to underground communications and collectors near the line of demarcation in the DAP area, western and north-western regions of Donetsk, and verification of similar facilities was also recorded in Gorlovka. Numerous attempts by the occupants to use it to make raids on the advanced units of the AFU have been noted. While these cases are of the nature of “improvisation”, however, according to some information, the issue of forming by the above-mentioned structures of the invaders of a certain special unit for “tunnel and underground” combat operations (following the example of American “tunnel rats” in Vietnam) is being considered.
“MGB LNR” activated the monitoring of emergency situations according to the information of the Ministry of the Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Emergency Situations and other power structures of the “LNR”, as well as local sanitary and epidemiological, socio-economic and socio-political events. The purpose of collecting information is the timely detection and prevention of protest activity of the population in the “LNR”.
The ringleaders of the “DNR” once again instructed the heads of the regional occupation administrations (Makeyevka, Gorlovka) to check the state of readiness for the “elections of the head of the DNR” and “deputies of the People’s Council of the DNR” (it is reported that such “elections” are planned on 4 November 2018).
To promote and attempts to legitimize DNR and LNR in the countries of the European Union, the leaders of the “Communist Party of the DNR” agreed with the representatives of the Party Communist Renaissance (Italy, Italy, Partito della Rifondazione Comunista, PRC) the possibility to conduct the events in Rome and Milan in mid-April this year aimed at supporting the “DNR / LNR”.