According to the media, Russia strikes Ukraine with ultimatum. Russia demands from Ukraine to walk away from a possibility to become a Member of NATO and the EU. Ukraine forwarded in the intent to sue Russia in the European Court of Human Rights. Political Parties which are members of the coalition in Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, fighting for seats in the new Government.
● According to the media, Russia has announced an ultimatum to the President of Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, with following demands: Permanently stop seeking membership with NATO and European Union, also officially recognize Donets’k and Luhans’k “republic’s”. Otherwise Russian President Putin promises to continue armed invasion into the Ukrainian territory.
● The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine , including the Prime Minister of Ukraine, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, have resigned from the government a day before first session of new Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine commences on November 28th 2014.
● Re-elected member of parliament Korban broke the news about corruption in the Prosecutor’s office, the failure of the “anti-terrorist operation” and the direct intervention of officials from the Office of the President in the election process.
● Deputy Minister of Fuel and Energy Ulida, has been fired due to allowing the import of electricity from Russia.
● SSU (The Security Service of Ukraine) reported the successful operation by stopping the plans by pro-Russian forces to create a separatist “Republic of Subcarpathian Russia’ and prevented the attempt to hijack a military aircraft in Ukraine.
● Prime Minister Yatsenyuk said that, despite the release of more than 100 billion Hrywna’s to Naftogaz as well as increase of tariffs for businesses and the public, company has failed to repay the debt due to the devaluation of the Hryvna.
● National Bank continues to gradually strengthen the hryvnia: 14.97 UAH / $ (-0.04), 18.60 UAH / € (-0.02), 3.33 UAH / 10 rubles. (-0.02
● According to the Prime Minister Yatsenyuk, Ukraine has spent 19 billion UAH on the maintenance of the Armed Forces and National Guard.
● Ukraine has received $ 8.6 billion since the beginning of the year and holds a budget deficit of 4%. Exports to the EU have been increased by 12%.
● Kyiv “ultras” protested against the concert by singer Ani Lorak, who is well known for her pro-Russian statements.
● The Monument to Maydan Hero Belarusian citizen Zhiznevsky has been unveiled In Kyiv on Grushevsky St.,.
War in Ukraine
● During the day, the Ukrainian Army positions came under fire and shelling more than 50 times, killing two soldiers. Russia is actively reforming and strengthening Pro-Russian mercenary units in DNR (Donetsk People’s Republic). Russia also transfers artillery units into north region of Luhansk. At the moment attacks are in progress at the perimeter of Lugansk, in the area of Debaltseve and Donetsk airport. Popasnaya and Donetsk are also under fire.
Mass desertion as well as looting of supplied “humanitarian help” from Russia is increasing amongst local militants. Due to chaos and disorganization between Russian Army, DNR(People’s Republic of Donetsk” and LNR (People’s Republic of Luhansk), Pro-Russian forces are often shelled by “friendly fire.”
Two Russian military aircrafts violated the airspace over the Luhansk region.
● Just outside of Donetsk, militants had opened fire at the OSCE Mission vehicle.
● The Pro-Russian separatists broke up a rally in Lugansk, where residents demanded that the LNR (People’s Republic of Luhansk) “government” to deliver on the promises of restoring the disrupted electricity and water supply. So far there are no recorded efforts to rebuild the infrastructure, restore social benefits or even to supply basic food needs to starving locals on the occupied by Pro-Russian separatists territory.
Ukraine and the World
● Ukraine has filed three lawsuits in the European Court of Human Rights against Russia, which caused massive losses counted in trillions to the country’s economy, as well as demands for Russia to answer for breaching Convention Agreement on the fight against terrorism.
● The commander of NATO Forces in Europe, General Breedlove, after talking with President Poroshenko said that the Alliance has made a comprehensive realistic program to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In his opinion, Russia can continue an aggression at any time using the armed Pro-Russian forces which are under Russia’s direct control.
● Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine hopes for ratification of the Association Agreement with the EU by all its members before the end of this year.
● Kazakhstan has stopped supplying electricity to Russia due to devaluation of Russian currency which is used for cost calculations. Russia may refuse the Kazakh coal supply and replace it with the coal from Kuzbass.
● UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) President Michel Platini does not exclude selection of new countries to host world championships of 2018 and 2022 instead of Russia and Qatar, if the Swiss prosecutor’s office finds violations during the elections.
● According to Reuters, the Ukrainian oligarch Firtash, awaiting extradition to the United States from Austria on charges of bribery of officials, acquired businesses and assets in Ukraine at the expense of credit resources of Russian banks and Gazprom which hold close ties with President Putin.
● International Monetary Fund mission completed its work in Ukraine and will resume itself after the new government of the Ukraine has been formed.
● Belarus approved the agreement on the demarcation of the border with Ukraine
● Members of the Coalition in the Verkhovna Rada put party interests above desired achievements, they refused an invitation from the colleagues from abroad to form the government based on professionals as well as selection of cabinet ministers on the principle of professionalism.
Digests & Analytics Ukraine for Information Resistance