Situation in Donetsk has worthened both across the frontline and in the city. Mass media around the World doesn’t see any breakthrough for Ukrainian crisis in the results of Milano negotiations. President Poroshenko gave interview to Ukrainian TV channels, covering results of negotiations and situation in the east of the country.
● Recently enacted legislation on «Special order of local governance within selected districts of Donetsk and Luhans’k regions» will be oin force for three years and, as claimed by Ukrainian authorities, will create conditions for normalization of the situation, renewal of the order of law and return of inhabitants to their place of residence.
● President Poroshenko gave interview to journalists of Ukrainian TV channels.
The key points of it:
○ Legislation on special status of selected districts of Donetsk and Lihans’k regions doesn’t contradict to the country interests and have been adopted according to the agreements reached in Minsk;
○ Agreement have been reached with Russia in principle about the gas contract and state borders control;
○ Division line between Ukrainian army and militants have been agreed in Minsk and should be approved by the Parliament. Donetsk International Airport should be controlled by Ukrainian army;
○ «Elections» that DPR and LPR are supposed to hold on the 2nd of November won’t’ be recognized by anybody and their «leaders» won’t be able to ensure basic survival needs of the region fulfilled, as Ukrainian government will not support it anymore;
○ Leadership of the National Guard, Counterintelligence and Internal Security of the MIF, have been called to account for miscounts, that led to the soldiers strike near the Presidential Administration
○ General demobilization is not planned yet.
● Speaker of Verkhovna Rada Turchunov announced that the ban on Russian TV series broadcasting on Ukrainian channels will be included in the agenda and discussed in the parliament.
● Interior Minister Avakov on his Facebook page announced facts of mass voters bribery by representatives of various political parties and standalone candidates, including former head of Naftogaz Bakylin.
War in Ukraine
● During the day heavy fights took place near towns of Smile, Mykolaivka, Mariupol, Donetsk, Avdiivka, Peski. Another series of attacks on Donetsk International Airport has been repelled with severe casualties from militants side. Militants are shelling Donetsk with heavy artillery and multiple rocket launchers, leading to civilian casualties and destruction of infrastructure objects. Two Ukrainian military were killed in the combat area as per official statistics.
● According to official data, 417 thousands of temporary re-settles have been identified in Ukraine. The Government decided to partially compensate residential rental fees to them. UN believes that 5 million people still live within the conflict zone.
● Leader of the self-proclaimed terrorists «Donetsk republic» Zakharchenko declared plans for a complete takeover of Donbass, as well as of Berdyansk and Izyum. He also promised that the war will continue for several years. Inhabitants of the areas controlled by militants are protesting against the poverty and deterioration of the quality of life.
● Activity of Russian subversive-terrorist groups on Ukrainian territory is increasing, but so far SSU is able to prevent the terrorist attacks.
● Pentagon press-secretary followed the US Defense Minister, and claimed, that European NATO members must be prepared for defense against Russia, which is conducting military operation in Ukraine, and who’s army stands at the the Alliance door.
● French President Holland believes that the situation in Ukraine is far from being solved.
● European and US mass media recognize that quick efforts to solve the Ukrainian crisis via negotiations in Milano during the ASEM summit have failed. Agreements on combat line control and conduction of the local elections within the conflict zone are being breached by Russia-controlled LPR and DPR militants.
● Russian observers will not come to Ukrainian parliamentary elections. However, Moscow is ready to send representatives to pseudo-elections, supposed to be conducted by DPR and LPR in Donbass, which contradict with the agreements reached in Minsk and Milano.
● Ukrainian officials use social networks to disseminate sensitive information, ignoring official web-sites of respective authorities. As per experts opinions, such information shouldn’t be treated as official but as the opinion of specific politicians.
Digests & Analytics Ukraine for Information Resistance